Anyway, these are the steps to change the MacBook refresh rate:
- Use the native resolution 1280 x 800
- Get the program to change the refresh rate at http://www.madrau.com/switchres/SwitchResXControl.zip
- Run the SwitchResX Control application
- Ensure the Settings of is at Color LCD
- Click on the Custom tab
- Click on the + tab
- Change the vertical scan rate to 70Hz. Ensure the rest of the parameters are the same
- Save the settings and Click OK
- Open System Preferences > Displays
- Choose 70Hz under the Refresh Rate
These settings works fine on my Macbook. However, if you've encountered any problems, in the SwitchResX Control application, there's an option called Factory Settings. I've got this information from here.
I hope this helps...